July 27, 2016
Our newly inducted Board of Directors met at the offices of Werner & Company for our first meeting. Although a few were unable to join us, we had an excellent first meeting and accomplished much.
J. Clayton Smith, Executive Director, Community Partners 4 Kids - Robert N. Rust Esq., Principal, Rust Law, LLC
Joseph D. Facchiano, President, JoFash Enterprises - Lt. Glenn Granitz Jr., M.S., CJA, Allentown Police Department
Arthur L. Kardos, President, LV TV Marketing - Nikki Smith M.A. Ed., Ph.D. Candidate Rutgers University,
Geoffrey F. Boyer, CFP® Boyer Financial Group, - Jim Byrnes, COO Allentown Rescue Mission
Kristofer DePaolo, CPA -Werner & Company - Carla Hickey, Director of Community Relations, Girl Scouts of Eastern Pa
Steve Gould, Owner, Broker, Better Homes & Gardens Real Estate - Kim Capers, Outreach Coordinator | Chip - Capital Blue Cross
August 15, 2016
Susan Snell from Emmaus has joined our team as our Community Outreach Manager covering the Emmaus area and surrounding communitites. Susan had a great deal of experience in this field and will be a tremendous help to us in developing new business and activity.
August 23, 2016 - VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
WE ARE IN NEED OF VOLUNTEERS WITH INTEREST IN THE FOLLOWING. PLEASE LET US KNOW IF YOU ARE INTERESTED: - Contact us at 610-762-8054
· Assist at Child ID events or Child Safety Workshops: Help parents’ complete forms, hand out books and gifts for kids
· Social media volunteer: Help post and update social media sites, familiar with Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
· Website update volunteer: Help manage the content on the website, update site as needed, maintain event schedule online
· Data Entry volunteer: Help maintain our mail and email lists, skilled in Excel and other MS Office programs
· Community Outreach Volunteer: Help us increase awareness in your community, distribute event flyers to local daycares, schools and similar facilities. Distribute program information to local business and professional offices.
· Newsletter Manager: Help to create bi-monthly Newsletter and email to subscribers
· Volunteer Coordinator: Help manage volunteer efforts and assignments, produce monthly report on volunteer activity
Your generous contribution of 2 to 8 hours a month can have a significant impact on the results of our safety programs. Your service helps protect local children and youth from abduction or abuse by predators. If you are unable to serve at this time, would you please give this request to a friend with a heart for children or even post it up at work, if allowed.
August 24, 2016 - Big Event at Weis Market - Emmaus
What a great store and a great concern for the community. We at Community Partners 4 Kids, our Allentown based child advocacy agency, will be at the Weis Market Emmaus store tomorrow, August 25th, for their Grand Re-Opening celebration and providing our Child ID service FREE to any children (and parents) that request it. THANK YOU store Manager Brian for sponsoring this event for your customers. Executive Director Clay Smith and Community Outreach Manger Susan Snell will be there representing Community Partners 4 Kids.
August 24, 2016 - Weis Markets presented us with a $500 donation to support our Child ID program. Thank you store manager Brian, Dick Curtin with Weis Markets Community Outreach, and the entire Weis Markets Emmaus store staff for your generous support.
August 31, 2016 - Since February of this year we have successfully conducted 26 Child ID events, providing ID packages for over 1,200 children. We also finalized the video production of the B-SAFE Workshop which will allow for widespread distribution of of this important work.
January 17, 2017 - Next Board of Director's meeting is February 14, 2017 at the offices of Werner & Co.10am to noon.